Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Items!

I hope everybody recovered alright from their New Year celebrations. This is the first year since I moved out of my parent's house that I haven't had a drink to toast the new year, so that was rather strange. Instead I spent a good amount of time making jewelry. I've been trying to get ahead on producing more items because classes start tomorrow and I'm sure the course load will be mind-boggling awful.

Before I show off the pictures, I wanted to point out that I have added gift certificates to my store on Etsy in amounts of $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. They are good for my store only.

This new line is called "Aurora Borealis" because of the brilliance of the colors (and in keeping with an astronomy theme). A friend of mine in Iowa sent me these beads, and I'm hooked on them now. I hope you enjoy the photos! All are for sale in the store.




I have plans to copy this design with different colors though I think I'll like this one more. It's just head pins, seed beads, and chain on an earring wire. It was a tad time-consuming, but well worth the effort.



I had a dream about this bracelet last night, so I woke up and made it. It was great how it just flowed out of me, and I love it a lot.




:) These are the same design, of course, just in different metals. I went with a color contrasting theme for these.



This picture really doesn't do the set justice. It's a bracelet and earring set, and there are much better pictures on Etsy.




I will admit to taking a bit of inspiration from Harry Potter for these. The themes are Ravenclaw and Slytherin. These two gave me the most trouble, to be honest. I was dropping beads and jump rings all over the place. These two are also my favorites. I love the way gold and blue work together, and silver and green are just such a nice combination. They look far more elegant than I could have ever hoped.

For more photos of these items, head over Eclipsical Jewelry on Etsy and take a look around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment