Monday, January 4, 2010

Product Review, part one

I got one of my jewelry orders in today. This one is the jewelry sent to me by Artbeads. I was surprised to get this one first since I got the shipping notice last, but I was not disappointed. At this point I've only used about half of the items because I have plans to use the remaining items in projects I can't start until I get my other two orders.




This first piece was fun to make. I've been wanting to try multiple strand projects using something actually made for that purpose for a while. I really like these 3-Strand Multi-Strand End pieces. At first it was intended to be either a necklace or part of a necklace, but I ended up changing my mind about halfway through. These end pieces are great. They seem pretty durable and I had no issues looping the wire through at all.



All of the Valentine's Day stuff is already out in the major stores, so I thought I'd try something in the traditional colors. I used rose glass cubes and ruby glass cubes with some white seed beads I had on hand. These glass beads are some of my favorite beads ever. I have a lot of them in multiple colors that I'll be playing with and posting pictures of between bouts of studying and going to class. These beads are durable and fun, and very beautiful to look at. :)



These earrings have been nothing but a pain today, and I think it's because of the thinness of the eye pins and head pins. I'm going to have to buy some sturdier ones at Walmart later in the week. The item being used here is this end piece. It's very beautiful, however, the back is hollow which the website doesn't seem to tell you (unless I missed it, which is possible). That's a bit of a disappointment, but these earrings aren't meant to be looked at from behind anyway. I do like the end pieces, regardless of the back. I thought that first they would be really flimsy, but so far so good!



This is the last piece for today, and it's just a fairly simple bracelet, but I love the way the colors work together. The products being used in this item are sapphire glass cubes, emerald glass cubes, and 4mm seamless sterling silver beads. I am, of course, utterly in love with the cubes and I knew I would like them before they even arrived. The sapphire cubes were a color haven't used before, however, and I have to say, I think they're my favorite. These sterling silver beads are amazing as well and I definitely plan to buy some myself when I have the chance.


At some point later in the week I'll be able to post the last bit of items I still need to use. I'm just waiting on my other shipment from Artbeads.com and my shipment from Fusionbeads.com.

Legal stuff: I am not being paid by Artbeads.com for my opinion on their items. I have received these items (ssr577, gc-em5, gc-sap5, ss-msend1, gc-ru5, gc-ro5, ss-msend3) free of charge and am reviewing them honestly. Anything else in the photo from Artbeads was bought and paid for by me months ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment